Sunday, December 7, 2008

Feels Like Winter

One of Eli's favorite things lately is playing peek-a-boo. This time he chose to hide behind a mixing bowl he dragged out of the kitchen cbinet into the family room. He will also put it on his head like a hat. It's pretty cute.









Today was the first day I thought it actually felt like winter. I walked outside and thought about going back in to get on a coat! I'm glad I can finally start wearing sweaters and hoodies. (Some of you have probably had those out for a while now, but it's still been in the 70's here, so it's a momentous occasion.) We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving, while we had my family's help--thanks to you all. It's tradition. :) Eli has not been a fan of the tree, which could be a good thing I guess. He touched it a few times but started crying. Maybe because of the way it felt. Now he just walks over to it and just looks. I love this time of year with Christmas decorations, songs, lights, etc. Our ward had a live nativity this weekend--real animals and everything! What a great way to remember what Christmas is all about.




1 comment:

Brett and Rachel said...

Haha, I'm GLAD we haven't had to break out the coats yet! Although I keep mine out year round because I'm always cold. I wish summer would last year round!
Oh, and I LOVE the pictures of Eli's b-day cake! Hilarious!!