Friday, May 28, 2010

Before the snow...







This last Thursday Kaelub drove us to Las Vegas and I flew up to Idaho with the kids. It was a fun, last minute trip because we got a really good deal. At first, my mom said it was going to be around 70 degrees while we were there so I had our clothes all ready to pack. Then the day before we were going to leave, she called and said to pack warm because it was only going to be 40-50! Well, since it's 90 here, I didn't really have that warm of clothes for them. Luckily my cousin Lanette was nice enough to lend us some warm jackets for them & my mom found some long sleeve shirts leftover from winter. Friday we decided to go to the zoo because it was actually pretty nice outside. So my brother, aunt, mom, me, & the kids went and had a great time. Eli loved petting the goats again--he loves the petting area of all zoos! And he had to make sure to pet every single one of them. He even made sure we all knew when one of the goats went "pee-pee". I think he said it at least 10 times. Then he was extra careful about where he walked--avoiding the "pee-pee" & "poo-poo". We were able to see pretty much all of the animals, which was great, and it wasn't crowded. Eli started out in the stroller with grandma pushing, but ended up pushing the stroller around himself after about 15 minutes. Then came the crazy Idaho weather on Saturday. It went from rain, to hail, to full on blizzard with wind. It's the end of May! We were also able to see Grandma & Grandpa Christensen while we were there. They always spoil Eli with treats & fruit snacks. (His favorite) Overall it was a fun, quick trip that we didn't expect to get to do. Thanks for all the good times family!

4 comments:

The Binghams said...

Glad you guys had fun. Missed seeing you at Brookies party. Ava is getting so big!

Aaron said...

I'm so glad I got to see you guys. It was sure fun to go to the zoo and enjoy spending time with Eli there. I'll look forward to the next time that I get to see you!

Eweemah said...

Soooooooooo nice that you got to be with the whole crowd! Your kids are growing up so fast!!! It was really cute to see Kaelub and Eli's pictures during the father and son's campout.
Ava is beautiful!! and her bows are really cute! good job!!!

Yayi said...

It was me who made the comment!! not Eric.