Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lately









Eli loves helping me in the kitchen, both cooking and doing the dishes. As long as he knows where the dishes go and can reach, he will put them away. He's such a great helper! And he knows not to touch knives and be very careful with the breakable dishes. :) Yesterday we had a party for Kaelub since his birthday is on Tuesday. Eli helped me make the cake and frost it. After we mixed up the frosting I let him lick the wisk. He loved that! Ava has taken after her brother when it comes to getting into the cabinets. She loves to climb in them and play. She can now climb onto the couches, and has fun reaching for the light & fan switch on the wall. Her words now include banana (nana), hi, dada, mama, thank you, water, baba, piggy (I won a really soft stuffed pig at my dental convention and she loves it), and Eli (sounds a lot like hi). He hair is still crazy---she won't keep a headband on and always pulls out her tiny ponytail if I can get her to sit still enough to put one in. She climbs up and down the stairs like a pro, loves closing doors and then yelling for us to open them and let her out, loves shoes, and following her brother around. Kaelub's cousin and her husband came to stay with us for the week and the kids loved the extra attention. I didn't even get any pics while they were here, but we loved having them! I have been working of my fun craigslist projects. I'm hoping to finish up a dresser, bench, & table/desk for my sewing machine & craft stuff in the next month before it starts to warm up. I did finish a chair, mirror, pillow, memo board, and a few other craft projects over the past few weeks. I also found a great cabinet (again on craigslist) that just needs new knobs---I'm not a fan of the gold ones. It's fun for me to find something old and scuffed up and turn it into something beautiful again. I think Kaelub just wants his side of the garage back. :)

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

Thanks for the party it was so much fun. I have felt bad that we left the house a mess. I promise if we ever get invited again we will drive two cars so Chris can take the kids home and I can help clean up the tornado mess that Gavin makes. He is a busy distructive child.