Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blessing in Disguise

With Thanksgiving coming up and thinking about what I am thankful for, I immediately thought about the last few months. Sometimes we don't see the blessings "in the moment" but find out later that we truly were blessed. I went to see the doctor who took my appendix out last week for my post-op visit. I felt great and expected it to be a quick visit. He came in the room, sat down, and told me he had some bad news. They had found a carcinoid tumor in my appendix. It was so unexpected I don't think I really took much of what he said in until after I left the office. The good news was it was only 1.5 mm in size and the treatment for this type of tumor was to take the appendix out. Also since it was so small, he said there was less than a 1% chance of it having spread anywhere else. If they had not taken my appendix out and found it, I could have gone maybe 20 years without it ever being found. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me & blesses me in so many ways.

3 comments:

Lisa Rupp said...

wow, that's awesome!

Lanette said...

Wow, that really was a blessing in disguise! I have to say, I felt so sad for you, hearing you had to have your appendix out RIGHT AFTER HAVING A BABY...it just didn't seem fair. But, now that you share that, I take it back...although, I bet it still wasn't the best timing. Thinking of you!

Nick and Brent said...

Scary to think about, but glad they were able to catch it!