Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yes, We are Still Alive

Wow life has been crazy! So many things going on between the kids and Kaelub and I. Ava turned 3 in January, which is still crazy to me. She is sweet, independent, loves changing her clothes too many times during the day, wants to do everything Eli does, will try pretty much any food you give her, treats her bunny as if it were her own baby (diapers on it, feeding it, putting it down for a nap, giving it a bath, etc), loves going to the park, loves riding her bike that she got for her birthday, and can often be heard singing herself to sleep. She acts very serious and shy when she doesn't know people. And she is tall and skinny like her brother. I'm so glad I have a little girl who asks me to paint her toe nails and do her hair, but still doesn't mind playing out in the dirt with Eli. Valentine's Day was pretty simple this year. But Kelsey and I did manage to get a cute photo shoot in. I made a bow and arrow for Eli to hold and also a tie for him to wear. I have since made a few more including matching Easter ones for he and Ty. Eli is learning about the United Sates in preschool and their class is hoping to get as many postcards/letter/packages from different states as possible. So if any of you want to send them something, let me know and I'll get you the address! :) We recently had a family move in across the street and they have kids the same age as Eli & Ava. Eli always knows if they are out playing in their driveway and wants me to let him go out to play too. Ty is already 1/2 a year old and is such a good baby. He has been sleeping 9 hours at night since he was just 3 or 4 months old. And he is always happy! Really. If he starts to cry you know he is either hungry, tired, or stuck somewhere from rolling across the room. He is my biggest baby at 19 lbs and 29 inches for his 6 month stats. I love the rolls on his legs. His hair is starting to get longer and it's really curly after bath time. So far he has loved all the baby food we have given him. He spits up quite a bit, but it's more of a laundry issue as the doctor has told me. I'm sure in the next few weeks he will be crawling and sitting up on his own better. For now he gets into enough trouble rolling around the floor. Kaelub celebrated his birthday on March 22. I was able to meet him for lunch after my CPR training for work. We wend to one of his favorites, Joes BBQ. The kids had fun drawing him pictures and helping me make his double layer chocolate birthday cake. (His favorite) They couldn't wait to sing to him and have him blow out the candle. He is such a fun dad and they love playing with him. I'm having too many new adventures lately with church and work. Sometimes I really don't like change. But I'm trying to stay positive and most days I feel good if we are all dressed, hair done, and able to leave the house at some point. My wise mother told me, "There's a time and season for everything." And I'm trying to remember that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see your alive good thing I get to witness it or I would wonder :)

Megan and Shawn said...

Super cute pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are getting and we've never seen them in flesh! Ty is such a handsome boy.