Friday, May 16, 2008

Things I Love

With the last couple of crazy weeks we have had, I thought I needed to reflect on the things that make me happy, grateful, & that I love. Obviously I could go on and on, but these were just a few that came to mind.
1. Family Vacations--getting there is just as much of an adventure as the destination
2. Lilacs--my grandparents had lilac bushes in the back yard & since they lived just down the road I remember the smell when we would play outside. They were so pretty too--bright purple. Just thinking about them brings back so many fun memories.
3. Fruit--it doesn't matter what kind. I love it all! Especially if it's fresh.
4. Hearing Eli laugh--I found this spot I can tickle that gets him to laugh every time and it is the cutest thing!
5. Paradise Bakery & Cafe--the salads, sandwiches, cookies. It's all delicious! Kaelub knows how much I love that place--thanks for the mother's day gift card. :)
6. Glide Floss--I know it must be a hygienist thing and everyone hates when I tell them to floss more. But this is the best--especially the deep clean kind. Your teeth feel so good after using it.
7. My Mom!--since it was just mother's day, I had to send love to my own mom. She's amazing--super 1st grade teacher, sees the glass half full, poet, great example of faith, & my best friend! Thanks for all you do mom.
8. Sunbeams--I spent 2 years teaching these precious primary children & learned so much from them. They made me laugh with their funny stories/comments, tested my patience, and most importantly strengthened my testimony.
9. Art--paintings, photography, sculptures. People who have such talent to create something so beautiful are so lucky.
10. Letters for Emily by Camron Wright--inspirational story about a grandfather sharing memories & giving advice to his granddaughter in the form of letters and riddles. It's a great read.

No comments: