Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sick Days

Last Wednesday Eli started sounding stuffy and had a little cough. That night he felt pretty warm so I took his temp & he had a little fever. I gave him some Tylenol drops & we went to the doctor the next day. I was worried he might have another ear infection, but it was just a cold. Poor guy. But he seemed to only be bothered by it a few days, which was good because then I got sick. Why is it that I have to get Strep once a year? I can always tell too. It starts with the itchy throat for a few days and then all of a sudden it hurts to even swallow saliva. Sunday night a week ago was terrible, so I called another hygienist to fill in for me and headed to the doctor myself on Tuesday. Sure enough, it was Strep. Thankfully, as soon as I start taking the antibiotics I always feel so much better. Hooray for that! And now all I'm left with is a little runny nose. I'll cross my fingers that next year I somehow escape it.

No comments: