Monday, December 6, 2010

Conversations with Eli


Lately Eli has been cracking me up with things he says. Here are a few I want to remember down the road.
Me: I'm tired, Eli.
E: I'll take you to bed mommy.
Me: O.k. Are you going to carry me upstairs?
E: No. You're too heavy.
(He grabbed my hand, took me up to my bed, pulled the covers back, I got in, he said prayers, put the covers on me, turned off the light, and closed my door!)

Eli was watching cartoons on PBS while he ate lunch today. The cartoon ended and there weren't any more cartoons on. I can't remember the name of the show, but there was an older man in a suit being interviewed. Eli exclaimed, "Mommy, the prophet!"

The other day Ava was yelling/screeching because it was getting close to her nap time and that's what she does sometimes when she is tired. Eli said to her, "Ava, stop screaming! Aubrey is sleeping." (Aubrey is his BF Brookie's little sister. Funny thing is I tell Eli that when we are at Brookie's house and Aubrey is sleeping or when we are at home and Ava is asleep and he is being loud.)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh that is super funny! Brookie cover's my mouth and whispers "Aubrey sleeping shhhh".