Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Birthday Boy!






















This year Eli's birthday was on Thanksgiving. (Along with my mom's and Aunt Jill's---happy happy birthday to them too!) So I decided to have his party the day before with a few of his friends. I had seen some really cute ideas for a golf themed party, and thought it would be perfect since he was turning 4. It was a lot of fun making everything for it and coming up with ideas. If only it hadn't been so windy! I had foam golf visors & foam stickers for them to decorate, but it was just way too windy. In fact, my tiered platter that held the blackberry "Par"-faits actually blew off the food table and shattered all over the ground. (Kelsey got a great pic to document this awesome moment.) But the kids still had fun playing on the toys and eating the yummy food. Eli was spoiled with some great gifts that he has enjoyed playing with since. And sometimes he will even share them with Ava. Thanks to all of you who came & helped set up and clean up. And to my great friend Kelsey for taking such great pictures for me! I swiped these off her facebook page because I was so excited to get them up. :)

4 comments:

Lisa Rupp said...

super cute!!

Kelsey said...

Swipe away all you want!! It was a great party and you did a great job! Eli is lucky to have you! And I am lucky to get to spend time with you too. You are such a great mom and a great example to me! Happy Birthday Eli, even though his "party isn't amazing" hahaha

Lanette said...

SO sorry about the platter, dang it! Once again, you go the extra mile to make things extra cute. I'm always so impressed! Lucky kids. Also, I'm JEALOUS that none of you is wearing a coat, sweater, hat, gloves, etc. Life IS NOT fair. BURRRRR.....

Brett and Rachel said...

SUCH a cute party!! You did a GREAT job!!