Sunday, April 5, 2009

Out of the Box




My mom would be so proud. I finally took my sewing machine out of the box and set it up. (It's only been in there for a few years too many.) On Wednesday I saw some fabric that I thought would match my couches perfectly, so I bought it and decided to make pillows. I figured it was a pretty easy beginning project for my first time sewing alone. I have sewed before, but always with my mom or grandma and on their sewing machines. (Oh, and I made a pillow and hat in jr. high.) So here are some pictures of my creatins--especially for my mom & grandma. Now I'm just trying to decide what I will take on next. There's so many things I want to do!

6 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Very cute! I'm always a fan of any kind of cute homemade home decor!

Dan & Brooke said...

Bean, I am proud of you! I think the last thing I ever sowed was that pillow in Jr High...The lizard pillow... I wonder where that is! They look really good on your couches

Turtle1424 said...

I love the pillows !!!:) how fun im really into sewing projects myself lately .

Lisa Rupp said...

Oh yeah! Now we can be blog friends.

You sewed your pillows! Nice work. They look great.

Kelsey said...

The pillows are beautiful...I love the fabrics!! I stink at sewing and have no desire to do it untill I see cute projects people do and pillows like yourself...jealous

Megan and Shawn said...

I LOVE those pillows - seriously the material is so adorable! I'm super impressed, and think that one day, if I ever get a new couch I'll have to consult you about some pillows.