Saturday, February 13, 2010

What A Day



Lately Eli has been getting into things while I'm feeding Ava. I guess he's figured out I can't do much to stop him, and yesterday was one of those what's next days. First, he went upstairs and I couldn't hear any noise from him, which is a bad sign. As soon as I got to the top of the stairs I knew from the smell what he got into this time. He somehow got my bottle of nail polish remover, opened the lid, and dumped it all over the carpet in my room. That stuff is so strong! So I put him in his room and cleaned up the remover from the carpet. When I went to get him out of his room, their was another smell that greeted me. One from the diaper. And it was on his fingers and he had used it as art on the wall! This was the first time he had ever done this, and even though I've heard lots of stories about kids doing this I was hoping we wouldn't have the pleasure of experiencing it with Eli. So I had to try not to gag as I cleaned up mess #2, with Ava crying in her swing, and Eli saying yucky over and over. (If it was so yucky, you'd think he wouldn't have made the mess to begin with.) It was quite the day! Oh, and here are a couple pictures from last Sunday. I took Eli on a walk, just the two of us, and Ava snoozing on the couch. Love it!

6 comments:

Lanette said...

It begins. Here's to many more experiences like that. Boys. Boys, boys, boys. I guess girls can be like that, too. I just haven't experienced it yet. Good luck keeping your cool. I can deal with so much more than I think I can if I can laugh about it. Hang in there, Jilene. You're awesome.

jenifer said...

ooohhh. so sorry for the poopy day. yup. it happens. i always felt like a good mom if i could at least laugh about it by the END of the day... you look like a good mom to me!! cute, cute baby!

Parker Family said...

That is so gross about the poop. I have been lucky so far not to have either of my boys do that. Other things, but not that. I love the pictures!

Aaron said...

Wow...some things I really don't look forward to in parenthood...I hardly recognized Eli in this picture. He sure is growing up!

Ann said...

You're a saint. Keep smiling. :) Love you!

Brett and Rachel said...

The classes I'm registered for are the Ticked Off by Tobacco and Forensics class on Thursday, the Oral Path Potporri and Take this Stress and Love it on Friday, and the Diet and Exercise class on Sat.
I'm kinda steering clear of the perio classes this time around. Hehe! I want some fun stuff. We need to meet up somewhere so I can meet this new cutie of yours!