Friday, September 17, 2010

Edible Playdough



On Monday Eli and I made some edible playdough. I had seen a lot of recipes for it, but none of them looked like they would actually be that great to eat. And I knew Eli would think it was fun to eat the playdough, but only if it tasted good. So when I found this recipe, I decided to try it. I didn't have a white cake mix like it called for, so I used the one with the colored sprinkles in it. It was really easy and we pulled it out of the fridge today to play with again. Here's the recipe:

1 white cake mix
1 cube softened butter
2-3 Tbl water
food coloring (optional)

Mix cake mix with softened butter. (I used a pastry cutter to do this part.) Then mix water in 1 Tbl at a time. (I only used 2 Tbl in mine.) Roll into balls and add food coloring.

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

Cool we will have to try it. Brody eats the non edible playdough all the time. This would be better.