Saturday, September 11, 2010

Potty Training

It has been a week now since we started potty training Eli. Kaelub took him to pick out his underwear and I made a sticker chart and picked up some prizes at the dollar store. The first 2 days were not fun! We went through 6 or 7 pair of underwear the first day and he fought me a lot the second day. I told Kaelub I felt like I was cleaning up after a puppy with all the accidents! Finally one time the second day when I forced him on the potty as he was kicking and screaming he went! And then he got really excited as we clapped our hands and cheered for him. He especially loved opening a present. He pretty much has the potty thing down at our house and he went on the potty at Walmart a few days ago. One day when we were at our friend's house, he would not go on their potty and ended up having an accident. (Sadly it was on the tile in their toy room and Eli's BF slipped and fell in it---sorry Brookie!) But yesterday we were at another friend's house and he went twice, so he's improving when it comes to going potty someplace new. We still are working on him going #2. For some reason, he still wants to go hide to do that. Any suggestions from you moms who have potty trained kids?

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

It's a good thing Brookie likes him so much, plus when you are two you forget pretty quickly! Which house were you at that he did so well?

Parker Family said...

I don't like potty training. Brody is doing great if he is naked. But if I put underwear on him he thinks it is free game to use it. They learn eventually right?

The Binghams said...

We got lucky with Kambry running to the bathroom and closing the door to go poo. So now when she has to go poo I just leave her on the potty and close the door but sit right outside of it so she knows I'm there. Maybe something like that would work for Eli? At least he's going on potties at other houses, I can't get Kambry to do it she just screams. She thinks it's too big. Good luck!

Jen Johnson said...

joys. not.. it is exciting when their success... Mine never had a problem with number 2 so ??? good luck!