Monday, August 1, 2011

I Survived!

I survived the drive by myself with the kids from Phoenix to Sugar City...and it wasn't too bad...most of the time...as long as they had food in their mouths. :) After leaving work Wednesday with my kids, I drove the 5 hours to Las Vegas to stay with Kaelub's brother and his family. We got there around 9 and the kids went right to sleep. Then we left the next morning early to drive the rest of the way. One package of goldfish, a box of fruit snacks, a Ziploc bag of cereal, half a sleeve of Ritz crackers, a box of Teddy Grahms, a happy meal, and a lot of water later, we made it. I loved watching the temperature drop as we drove. For a week and a half we get to escape the 100* temps and play outside! I thought I would play primary music to keep the kids from bugging each other, but the food worked better. And luckily Eli was very helpful in handing or sometimes throwing Ava food for me. And once we unpacked the car, my mom took the kids to play on the toys so I could vacuum out all the disaster in my backseat! Lots of fun pics will be coming.

2 comments:

Lisa Rupp said...

I'm glad you survived! :)

Parker Family said...

Wow good job making it.