Friday, February 20, 2009

Corn & Potato Chowder

Here is the recipe for the corn & potato chowder I made a few weeks ago. It's really easy and it cooks in the slow cooker, which I love.

6-8 slices of bacon or turkey bacon cooked & crumbled
3 c. diced potatoes
1/2 c. chopped onion
3 c. chicken broth
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernal corn drained
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. heavy cream

Combine all ingredients except cream in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Add milk & cook for 30-45 min. longer. I served our soup with grated cheese on top & kept 1 slice of crubled bacon for garnish on the top also. I had bread bowls to put it in, which is always fun.

3 comments:

Team said...

Mmm, I love corn chowder, I'll have to try your recipe for sure, thanks for sharing!

Dan & Brooke said...

YUMMY! Thanks Bean...loved it. Hope things are going good.

Parker Family said...

I made this last night and was super yummy! Thanks for the recipe.