Saturday, February 28, 2009

What Next...

It all started last week. I was at work on Wednesday and Kaelub called to tell me that Eli had a lot of goobers in his eye. So he called the doctor and got a prescription for eye drops. We gave him the eye drops, but on Thursday morning when Eli woke up, his eye looked swollen. To the doctor we went. And we found out our new insurance isn't so great and wouldn't cover anything. Terrific! When the doctor saw Eli his eye actually had cleared up and looked normal again. But she said he had an ear infection. We came home with a different prescription--for Amoxicillin. (Thankfully we didn't have to worry about our newly discovered not so great insurance on this one, since it was one of those $4.00 prescriptions.) Eli seemed to be doing better for a few days, but on Tuesday he started having a cough and runny nose. And it just got worse, so yesterday we took him back to the doctor. His ears looked fine, but now he has pneumonia! And this time the prescription was not one of the $4.00 varieties. Just a few more dollars at $150!! I'm ready for some health care reform here President O. So if any of you out there have any tips on some good, affordable insurance companies, let us know. I don't have it through my work since I only work 2 days a week and Kaelub owns his own business--so we have to get it ourselves. Oh, and we need something that offers maternity too, so Eli will have some siblings to play with. You wouldn't think that would be too hard to find, but believe me, it's been giving me too many headaches.
To end on a positive note though, I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Women organization. I'm really excited to work with the Beehives--I'm trying to remember back to when I was one myself and all the fun things we did. It's going to be a fun adventure.

6 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Poor little guy! I hope he starts feeling better soon. And is this an announcement about getting pregnant again?!

Lanette said...

What a week for you guys! I wish I had some good insurance ideas. Frustrating is an appropriate word, hmm? Hope he's getting better. Congrats about yw's. I've always wanted to be in YW, haven't yet. Waht a sweet group to work with, too. I hope it's a lot of fun. Oh, that color upstairs is called, Rich Reward. It's from Columbia paint, out here in rexburg. It's a really great color. I'm glad you like it! Happy painting...if you get the time to squeeze it in:).

Yayi said...

You definitely had a busy week!! I really hope that cute boy of yours gets better soon!!! Give him tons of kisses! that always helps my boys. Insurance info? I have none, I am sorry! ours stinks too.
Please say hi to Kaelub!

Dan & Brooke said...

You crack me up! Sorry to hear about the bad luck!

Kelsey said...

Love your header picture!! Thanks for stepping in today and helping out, i really Appreciate it! I miss you in Primary!

Steph said...

Hey Bean. That's so sad about little Eli. Health insurance is so hard to find, and it's so expensive. I hope you can find a good one. That's funny you just got called into young women's. I just got called as the YW secretary. Too bad we're not in the same ward. Can't wait to see you guys again. We miss you.