Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Crafts






I always love pulling out my Christmas decorations. It makes me happy! We got them all up the day after Thanksgiving because Eli kept asking to put up the tree. I wanted to make a Christmas wreath this year so I looked online to find ideas. I saw several tutorials on Christmas ball ornament wreaths, so I hit the dollar spot at Target and found containers with 8 ornaments for just $1. Then I went to my closet and found an old wire hanger. You just take the wire hanger apart and form a circle, take the tops off the ornaments and hot glue them back on, thread them on the hanger, and cut the extra wire off you don't need. Then I used craft wire to wrap my hanger ends together and tied on some ribbon. Love it! I also made a couple of banners to hang. One with scraps of fabric & mini felt stockings I also found at the Target dollar spot. (Love that section!) Another with scrapbook paper glued to triangles I cut from empty cereal boxes. Just ink edge the paper, punch some holes, tie with twine, and hang! My most recent project I just finished last night was the tree skirt. I had an old tree skirt I didn't love anymore and it didn't match my green, red, & white tree too well. So I found a tutorial for this cute ruffle tree skirt where you don't even sew! Just some hot glue & time.(Visit The Crafted Sparrow blog if you want to make one too!)

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

All your crafts are super cute!!